Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Old Fashioned Rag Dolls

 These old fashioned rag dolls have been on my to do list for quite some time.  I decided they would make the perfect homemade Christmas gift for my girls so I got to work sewing while they were in school and hiding them before they got home (rather tricky).


  I hand embroidered their little faces on, and was quite pleased with the result..I don't have much experience with embroidering.


 They each ended up a little different which is kinda fun.


 The little details were my favorite part...you gotta love these sweet little mary janes on their feet.


 I thought a Peter Pan collar would be fun for one of them.


  My girls knew I was making the dolls they just didn't get to see them until Christmas morning so they gave me some input during the process...like I want mine to have long hair and a purple dress.

They have absolutely loved these little dollies and it makes my heart melt...in the end all the time and effort was definitely worth it.  

Like I mentioned before my camera was lost for quite some during the move so no tutorial for this one but Ashley over at www.makeit-loveit.com has an excellent one with printable pattern pieces.  I just made a few adjustments to personalize them. (I made their bodies slightly bigger and their legs a little bit shorter)


01 02