Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday, August 9, 2013

Shirred Waste Shirt Makeover

Last Christmas my husband went out on a limb and bought me clothing. He did a good job considering he grew up without sisters and doesn't care about clothing at all.

He bought me this....    

bless his heart, I felt like I was wearing a potato sack.
 

Granted after baby number four it has taken quite a while to get even somewhat close to back to normal..but I think my waste is coming back to visit for a while so I'm gonna take advantage of this time.  I have shirred a couple of dresses for my girls in the past and thought it might work on this shirt...I was rather pleased with the results.


Easy fix...this took me about 15 minutes

This would be great for making maternity clothes as well, if you added the shirring just a little higher. You could also add it to the bottom for a different look.

You can find my tutorial for shirring here.
Just mark your waste and add a few rows of shirring, I did about 10 rows spaced a 1/4 inch apart.

01 02