Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday, March 7, 2013

Fabric Flower with Beaded Center


My little girl was baptized last weekend, it was such a great day with family and friends.  She felt so loved and everyone went out of their way to make it an extra special day for her.  I wanted her to have something from me that was made especially for her.  I already had the dress from a yard sale, yep you heard that right...a yard sale!   
 It was brand new and fit her perfectly, score.  

So I made her a flower from some fabric scraps and beads I had in the cupboard and I love the way it turned out.


 Her Aunt brought this beautiful cake that said Congratulations Ellie surrounded by white roses and lattice, it was so pretty I had to share.  FYI Costco $17.00




She is getting so grown up


If you're interested in making a flower click on read more.
 Start by cutting five different sized circles out of a satin fabric, and three out of sheer.  Lay them out and cut slits

Now stack them all up so they look staggered and full.

I usually by those really pretty old fashioned looking buttons for the center but I didn't have one on hand and was running out of time so I got creative with some beads I already had.

You will need a sparkly bead of some kind and I tube like bead.

 Double thread a needle and tie a knot in the end.  Thread your tube shaped bead on and then the crystal.


Now push the crystal up out of the way and poke your needle back down through the tube bead and through the fabric then pull the thread tight.
 


 It should look like this now with the crystal on top of the tube bead and it stands up on it's own.


Now do a few more until you like the way it looks and it gives the flower a nice little sparkly center.



Linking up here

01 02