Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday, January 3, 2013

Dolly and Me Aprons

 
Happy New Year!  It has been a whirlwind of activity around here the past few weeks...we come home long enough to shower and sleep and then we're off to the next place(both our families live within ten minutes).  Sooo you can imagine what my house looked like yesterday... it was in shambles!  We whipped it into shape and I finally found some time to post this Christmas present I made for my little dolly and her dolly.
 

 
 
She was so excited to find an American Girl Doll(generic version) under the tree on Christmas morning...her favorite thing to do is play house. 
 
She loves being all matched up with her little dolly!
 

 
I didn't use a pattern for these I just kinda threw them together...I made the little one first to work out all the kinks and it came together quite nicely.
 

 
 
The aprons are made out of two rectangles...one small and one large with rounded corners on the bottom.

 
 
 
These are very easy to put together and made my little girl's day...very worth the time and effort.

 
 
 
Can't get enough
 
I hope you had a wonderful Christmas!  I am excited to get started on my new year's resolution...getting my home organized /dejunked and cooking healthy meals for my family.  I will be doing my regular stuff...posting whatever I'm currently making.. but there will be a lot more organizing tips and healthy meal posts in 2013! 
(I figure if I write it down I'm held accountable and it's more likely to actually happen)
 
If you are interested in making an apron of your own here is a tutorial for a similar design.
01 02