Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Apothecary Jars

I have been wanting an apothecary jar for a while now...I know it's weird.  I think they are pretty and that it would be fun to change out the seasonal decor in them. 

Summer



Fall



Christmas


So I found a great one at Fred Meyer's.(the one on the right)
 They were $20.00 dollars a piece. . .sadly this is way to much for me to spend especially when my husband is present.  So I just happened to have all these pieces on hand: vase, candle holder, glass chess piece and I got the perfect sized glass bowl at the dollar tree (3 for a dollar) and super glue.  Gorilla Glue works best on glass I hear, but I had super glue and it worked.


All you have to do is glue your vase onto the candle holder.

Glue chess piece or whatever you can find onto your bowl.


 And you end up with something like this little beauty for a total price of $1.00!
Now I just need two more preferrably a tall one and a short fat one, I do still have a couple of spare bowls from the dollar tree. 

01 02